Convener, Centre for Auto Policy & Research
Founder Member Secretary, Hydrogen Association of India
Director, Avan Motors
Director, Strategic CSR Alliance
Principal Adviser: Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), New Delhi since April 1, 2018.
Executive Director (Technical): Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), New Delhi from November 1999, heading the Technical Activities.
SIAM represents all two & three wheelers, Automobiles, Medium & Heavy Commercial vehicles and auto engine manufactures in India. The membership includes all Indian and International manufactures having production base in the country.
- - Responsibilities included, liaising with Government, testing agencies and Member Companies on all technical issues related to Emissions, Safety, E Mobility, Connected vehicles, Alternative fuel vehicles standards and regulations.
- - Represented the Indian Auto Industry both in National and International forums, like CMVR-TSC, SCOE, AISC, BIS, UN WP 29, OICA, IMMA, JASIC, etc.
- - Piloted the Voluntary Initiatives on Future Emission Road map, Emission Warranty, Fuel Economy information & labelling for passenger cars and Two wheelers, Voluntary Vehicle Recall etc. offered by the Industry.
- Preparing policy documents for the Industry on various technical issues confronting the Indian Automobile Industry. Some of the issues addressed are Road map for future emission and safety regulation, In use Vehicle Emission Management, Integrated approach to Pollution Control, etc.
- Member of various Government Policy Committees including Expert Committee on Auto Fuel Vision and Policy 2025, Air Quality Monitoring, Emission inventory & Source Apportionment study for Indian Cities, etc.
Chairman of the India GRPE and GRRF Group of Experts for UN WP 29
Indian Institute of Petroleum, Dehra Dun September 1969 to October 1999
Scientist in Directors scale and Area Leader, Alternate fuels & Emissions and Industrial & Domestic Combustion. Responsibilities included heading these groups and coordinating activities in the field of utilisation of petroleum fuels in engines & vehicles, including alternative fuels such as alcohol’s, CNG, LPG etc., Certification of vehicles as per Motor Vehicle Act and Rules for Road Worthiness & Type Approval. Effect of fuel properties on vehicle emissions, field studies, conservation of fuels & lubricants, evaluation of fuel economy devices and additives etc. Chaired / Presented papers and participated in Panel Discussions in more than 100 National & International Conferences & Seminars